Mayfield Garden Entry - See 20 hectares, open daily
- Duration: 2 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Oberon, NSW
- Product code: MGE
As Mayfield Garden continued to expand so too did the gardening community’s desire to visit the garden beyond the seasonal festivals. As a result, 20 hectares (49 acres) of the garden is now open for your enjoyment 363 days of the year.
This area has spectacular features to explore including:
- The 2.5 hectare Water Garden
- The Bluestone Bridge
- The Grotto (cascading waterfall you can walk behind!)
- The Iron and Stone Arbour
- The Copper Tree Fountain (sourced from the Chelsea flower show)
- The 16.5-metre Obelisk, Pond and Allée of London Plane trees
- The Gallery (Mayfield’s new exhibition centre)
- Interactive garden games
- Café featuring paddock to plate goodness
- Nursery featuring a range of exotic plants.
The Café and Nursery have been added to enhance your Mayfield experience (no fee to enter these areas). They too are open 363 days of the year (closed 25 & 26 December).
From the water lilies in bloom in summer, the spectacular colours of autumn, the raw structure on show in wintertime and the lush growth and heady scents of spring this cool climate garden is amazing in all seasons.
We recommend arriving when we open at 9am, and give yourself a minimum of 2 hours to see Mayfield Garden. Last garden entry is 3pm.
WHAT TO BRING
We recommend wearing closed walking shoes and dressing for the weather which might mean bringing a hat, sunscreen, insect repellent, and an umbrella. Being located in the tablelands a sweater or jacket is recommended year-round.
WHAT TO EAT
Mayfield Cafe is open from 9 AM, serving our fresh, seasonal menu until 3 PM, and coffee, tea, the bar, and snacks open until 4:30 PM. Mayfield Café offers takeaway options that you may enjoy in Mayfield Garden. There are no bins within the garden areas. Help keep Mayfield beautiful and return all rubbish to the Café and Nursery areas for recycling or disposal.